Welcome to Raise the Rank – the leading digital marketing agency for roofers. This is a comprehensive guide for roofers on the importance of having a website to optimize your Google My Business and make it stronger than any of your competitors.
In this guide, you’ll learn about:
• The Importance of an optimized Google My Business Page?
• What are the Benefits of your Google My Business Page?
• Why you need a website to strengthen your GMB listing?
• How to link your website to GMB for maximum impact?
• How to Make Your Website Ready For Google My Business?
Let’s dive right in.
Why do You need To Strengthen Your Google My Business Profile?
Your roofing business needs target visibility on the search engines. That is why you need to strengthen your local presence on Google to enable potential clients to easily find you and engage with your business – without even leaving the search engine results page (SERP). And the best part is that listing your business on GMB is completely free.
In this article, we will discuss what makes a strong and trustworthy GMB profile for maximum conversions. And why you need a website to strengthen your GMB listing.
What Are The Benefits Of Google My Business?
A strong GMB profile gives you a competitive advantage. It helps clients to choose your business over your competitors. Other benefits include:
• Better Engagement
• A Significant Boost in the Local Ranking
• Improved Conversion Rate
Why You Need a Website to Boost Your GMB listing?
A proper GMB listing is a crucial part of any good online strategy. However, a strong website, with search engine optimized content, is at the core of an effective strategy and is the key element that combines everything together seamlessly. As the face of your company, your website, in conjunction with your GMB profile, provides you with an opportunity to engage, inform, delight, and keep in constant touch with your old and new clients.
How to Link Your Website to GMB for Maximum Impact?
Why your website is so important to make your Google My Business profile strong. Now you might be asking yourself why a strong website, what does that got to do with Google My Business.
When you set up your Google My Business profile, one of the things you’ll see in the info section is a place to put a web link or URL or your website address. So, what you want to put in there is the strongest and the most optimized page of your site. This, in most cases, is the homepage, or it could be any other page for that matter.
For instance, we have our Roof Crafters’ office in Louisiana. This particular GMB profile is for our Hammond Louisiana office. So, the best URL or the webpage address for this office in our GMB would be https://theroofcrafters.com/hammond-louisiana-roofing-services/
How to Make Your Website Ready For Google My Business?
As we already said, while creating a GMB page, you’ll need to tell Google who you are, what you do, and where you do it. Your Google My Business page is the best place to do that. But, what Google is going to do is they’re going to crawl, and they’re going to look at every single thing you put in your GMB profile. Let’s take a look at a few simple tips to make your website ready for Google My Business.
- Complete Your Profile With The Most Relevant Information: Every piece of information that is in your GMB profile, Google is going to see and analyze. It’s going to be in their index, which is basically their database of information. So, the URL you put on your GMB page is going to follow back to your website. So, what should be on that page? Well, that’s where we’re going to be telling Google again (on the web page) who we are, what we do, and where we do it.
- Add Targeted Keywords To your Website: Let’s say, in our Hammond Louisiana roofing contractor web page, right below the content we’re going to put important internal and external links. Moreover, we’re going to have a lot of well-optimized and targeted text that tells Google everything that we want to back up. We’re going to repeat our name. We’re going to repeat important keywords like a roofing contractor, roof, repair metal roofs, shingle, residential asphalt, shingle, roofs, and so on.
- Get Your Business In The Local Pack: The main point here is that we need to make this page as strong as we can. There are a lot of things that go into making a page strong and conversion-oriented. But, here we want to connect the dots on why your website is so vital to your Google My Business. This is important if you want to get into that local pack.
As you may already know that there are only two or three companies listed in the GMB local pack. And almost 40% of all clicks on page one of Google goes to the local pack. And the vast majority of those valuable clicks go to the company that’s at the number one position in the local pack. This is exactly why it is so important to do these things and make your GMB profile as strong and compelling as possible.
- Consistency is The Key: You can’t just set it up, hit it and forget it and just hope that it gets stronger on its own. That typically is not going to be the case, unless you’re working on it consistently. You need to keep working on your page and website. You’ll need to keep creating posts. And let us assure you that you’ll turn your GMB Profile into a 24/7 marketing and lead generation machine for your roofing business.
Get In Touch
If you’d like to know more about Google My Business and how it can help you boost your Roofing business, contact us at Raise the Rank today.